6 Ideas to Celebrate your Business Anniversary
Life is made up of milestones, achievements, and anniversaries. Bags & Bows recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. We opened our doors in 1994 and focused on becoming a leading supplier of exclusive designs and packaging products for retail store customers. In honor of our 20th anniversary, we connected with other companies who are also celebrating 20 years of success. All of their celebrations included at least one of the six ideas below.
1. Community events: When your business is having a significant anniversary or milestone, get the community involved with fun activities and events. The Dandelion Patch did an excellent job of this for their 20th They are a stationery store specializing in beautiful invitations and announcements for births, weddings, anniversaries, and parties.
To celebrate their 20th anniversary, they had a variety of special events and promotions. Some of their event topics included:
- Etiquette tips for events
- Gift workshops
- Children’s workshop for writing letters to the troops
They also had a giveaway for a date night for one lucky couple. Involving their local community in their celebrations has been a good way to celebrate 20 years of success.
2. Fundraisers: Take community events to the next level by giving back to charitable organizations in the community. You could do this through fundraising events or giving a percentage of your revenue to an organization during the month of your anniversary.
Mambo Gourmet Pizza, a family-owned company, located in Nanaimo, British Columbia is a great example of this. On August 16, they hosted a 20th anniversary party. All of the proceeds from the party went to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society. The event focused on all of the positive changes the community has seen in the past twenty years.
3. Promotions: Special deals and promotions are another way to celebrate your business’ success and the customers who have contributed to that success. Skizzors Hair Salon in Niagara Falls, NY has always given out $5 haircuts to celebrate various anniversaries. For their 20 year anniversary, JoAnn is honoring 20% off haircuts if people inquire. Skizzors makes a point of putting their customers first at all times whether it’s during a big anniversary year or not. They always offer military discounts and respect every customer who walks through their doors.
4. Innovation: Celebrate the success of your business thus far by doing something new. Is there a new partnership, product, or look that you want to introduce? The debut could work in perfect conjunction with your business anniversary. You may also want to create a special anniversary logo to celebrate.
For our 20th anniversary, Bags & Bows celebrated with a new designer partnership. We partnered with Whitney Caudle of Piper Collection to create beautiful new bag collections. Whitney specializes in designer pillows, and we used a few of her designs on our bags. If you’re interested in learning more about our designer partnership, you can read about it in this blog post.
5. Customer appreciation: In addition to promotions and deals, consider doing something special for your customers to celebrate. After all, it’s because of your loyal customers that you are able to celebrate a 20th (or any other) anniversary. A business can’t exist without loyal customers, so spread the love to your customers as you celebrate your business’ achievements. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Give away gift cards and gift certificates, coupons, etc.
- Thank your top customers with gift baskets filled with products and items relevant to your business.
- Hand out promotional products, specifically featuring your business anniversary.
6. Anniversary stickers and labels: An easy way to get the word out about your anniversary year is by using anniversary seals and stickers. You can use these on your retail packaging and business cards and letterhead. By using anniversary seals, you are showing your customers how long you’ve been a part of the community, which gives you greater trust and respect. According to a study done by Nielsen, 60% of customers prefer to buy new products from a familiar brand than a new brand. Show off brand expertise by displaying anniversary seals and letting customers know you’re an established brand.
How has your business celebrated big milestones? We’d love to hear some of your ideas! Please leave a comment.